Mom's Gone Virtual's Telecommuting Taxes

Income taxes can be a very difficult topic, especially if you telecommute or work from home! Mom's Gone Virtual helps take the confusion out of telecommuting taxes by giving you free tax tips.

1.28.2006

Ready to make more money online?

Arika Answers

I know they are out there. What am I talking about you ask?

Income Tax Questions!

Please
E-mail me or post a comment with any questions you may have and I will do my best to respond here and via email. If you would like an email response, please be sure to send me your email address.

If you don't hear from me in a day or two..don't fret...that just means that I had to research the answers you need and I am working hard to give you the correct answer. You will hear back from me with your answer, you have my word!

This is something that I get paid to do, but I'm doing it free for a limited time only! To quote those TV infomercials: "Act Now, before it's too late!" Get your questions together and send them over. I want a full comments list and inbox...the more the merrier!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you buy equipment such as a new computer (the old one wasn't fast enough) and fax machine for the sole purpose of being able to telecommute and/or keep your telecommuting position are those tax deductible?

I don't plan on deducting my office on my taxes because it isn't used solely for business, so I'm wondering if I will be able to deduct the other items.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mama Arika said...

Yes those items are deductible if you use them for your work.

Having said that, how much is deductible will depend on a few things. 1. Whether or not you have to depreciate the item.
2. What percentage of the time the item is business or personal use.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The information found at www.momsgonevirtual.blogspot.com is not intended to be, nor should it be taken as, legal advice of any kind. Please contact your personal tax advisor, accountant, or attorney for questions pertaining to your specific situation.